Isaiah has become increasingly more independent and assertive. He really thinks he's much bigger than he is. I've been letting him help cook for quite a few months now and my, has he gotten brave! Saturday morning he helped make eggs and grits (one of his favorite morning meals). I usually let him whisk the eggs and help pour things and maybe even help get the butter into the pan. Well, he decided he could graduate to not only cracking the eggs, but opening them up over the bowl as well. He actually did a pretty good job, so he probably doesn't understand why Mommy quickly did the rest before he got a chance. So tonight, he decided that since he's mastered breakfast, it was time to tackle dinner. He helped me get potatoes out of the sack and put them on the table. I cut up one potato for mashed potatoes and realized I did not have a pot with water to put the cubes in. So as I was filling up the pot, he climbs into the chair in front of the potatoes, cutting board and....knife. He looked pretty professional holding the potato and trying to cut it in half. Scary none the less. We had a talk about him never being allowed to touch a knife and that it could hurt. He didn't attempt making the mashed potatoes again. Although, I did take the knife around with me and set it on counters right next to me wherever I was. With the potatoes on the stove and the gravy cooking away, I thought it was safe to come sit down for a moment. Then I hear Isaiah with his chair again. He likes to push it up to the oven and climb up to watch me cook. Only this time, I wasn't there. I'm thinking about garage sale hunting for a play kitchen for him.
My Mom in law just sent me this picture that her Hubby took while he was here that Saturday morning.
4 comments:
haha... My mom actually FINALLY gave away my play kitchen a few years ago to our neighbors... who moved away. It was a nice one too! Amazing she gave it away though!
Emma and Caleb love the one Emma got for her 2nd birthday. A good buy for sure and one that will see a lot of use for years to come. We can't wait to see you guys next week!!!
He looks like he's got it all under control! Now he just needs a chef's hat and apron.
Oh yes, there's nothing like a man who can COOK! :) Keep up that training, Jodi!
:) :) :)
P.S. All of my boys have enjoyed the play kitchen at one time or another!
Post a Comment