Wednesday, June 11, 2008

First OB Appointment and other things

We had our first OB appointment yesterday and got an ultrasound done to try to determine our due date. However, we are too early on in the pregnancy and baby is too small to be seen as of yet. So I have another appointment scheduled for two weeks, with just the ultrasound tech. It should be a quick thing and I'm looking forward to it. :)

Isaiah has decided to give potty training a try. I think he's only in it for the jelly beans and sticker book, but he does seem to be rather proud of himself. He also is climbing a lot lately and let's just say he is just as graceful as his Mommy. ;)

Joanna is doing more things everyday! She has learned to "dance" at the sound of music or the word, shakes her head (and shoulders) no, is trying to stand on her on, cruising, contemplating walking and has learned "please" in sign language. I'm excited that's she's trying new foods as well! I'm determined to nurse her to a year (which is less than two months away! AH!) however, I wouldn't mind if she were eating more solids by then.

You all are probably wondering about Tim. He is doing well. Splash Kingdom (the summer program for our children's ministry at church) is starting up and also Vacation Bible School. He is really looking forward to VBS. (I'm looking forward to him being home early that whole week!) He has been playing futsal at one of our Parks and Rec. on Friday nights. It's similar to indoor, but don't ask me details because I really don't know much about soccer at all. He won't be able to play for the next few weeks, though, because our Friday nights are getting booked up.

I know I need to get some new pictures up soon. I really need to borrow some from my friend, Jessica. She has some great ones of the kids. I'm not sure when I can get them from her though since she's working at a Christian camp for the summer. Great for her, but now my life is a bit boring. Or at least lacking in adult conversation anyway. :) Anyway, I'll try not to make too many excuses and get some pictures of the kids up soon. Maybe, if I try really hard and am really sneaky, I can get some of the husband too. :)

3 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Oh yes, the joys of potty training! It makes it more exciting if you use jelly bellies. They at least have amazing flavors! ;)
I bet Joanna is just such a cutie, I can just picture her shaking her little head no! And dancing! So sweet!

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving us notes on our blog...

Yes the picture at the bottom of our last post was of Shaun holding Joel (on the right) and Griffen (on the left).

As for more babies, I'm all for it, Dusten's the one that needs a little more convincing...maybe Tim could give him a little pep talk...:) How about over the 4th of July??? :)

Jac Ann said...

I'll be home this weekend!!! I see the Ridings will be around too...... but I plan on inturrupting it at some point!
Love you!