Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rave Reviews!

The best Italian food you never ate...
Tina's Ristorante Italiano in my hometown has earned rave reviews. Apparently, it is among the best Italian restaurants in Southern California.
Our first visit was on a Sunday many months ago. Too bad we didn't know they were closed on Sundays. So on a Thursday night, weeks later, we decided to give it another try. What a shame it was wine tasting only night and we obviously weren't dressed for it and had a toddler in tow. Around Christmas time, we thought, "Well, it's not Sunday and it's not a Thursday evening, so maybe now is a good time to give this restaurant a try." And wouldn't you know...they closed that day and didn't open for two weeks due to renovations or something. So today I line up a babysitter so that my hubby and I can finally enjoy a romantic Valentine's Day dinner. I decide to be smart this time and call, you know, just in case you need a reservation since apparently (as I read today), this is a really nice restaurant. Wouldn't you know! They closed yesterday and are not opening until next Monday. This restaurant has become the longest running joke in our family. It's a shame too, because it's gotten great reviews and sounds so wonderful. We figure the next time we try to go, they'll probably be closed forever from bankruptcy since of the four times we've visited, we haven't had to pay a dime.

2 comments:

mommyofmany said...

Don't give up... Tina's is a pretty good restaurant! It's definitely not a chain. We've eaten there a couple of times on our own and enjoyed company dinners there as well. It's a place where you can dress up and not feel totally out of place! :) At one of the company dinners we were having difficulty deciding between some of the wonderful desserts... so the waiter brought us a sampler tray! Yummy!!!

Jac Ann said...

yeah.. there's more to the story though... came later on last night. Well, it was already there, but is now even more of a concern to me.

Prayer is definitely a huge necessity, not my strong point, but I have to make it so...

Haven't figured out how to send a private message on here, if its even possible, so I think I'm switching to Myspace for that.