Thursday, April 24, 2008

Monster Cake




Tim really likes chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. So for his birthday, I decided to try and make a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream cake. I go online and get a really easy, good sounding recipe, but for those of you who know how I cook, you know I can't just follow a recipe. I have to make it my own. Well, Wednesday morning, I realize I probably need something bigger than my pie plate to bake the cake in. Thankfully, my friend, Jessica was able to bring over a spring form pan (and some El Pollo Loco, so I didn't have to worry about lunch...thanks again). I baked the cake in the one pan. Well there are no directions for a 10 inch spring form cake pan. So fifty minutes later, the huge cake is done. I take it out to cool and start the process of making the ice cream cake.


About one box of Chips Ahoy, one container of frosting, almost 3 quarts of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, one box mix cake and some scoops of cookie dough later....





Now would be a great time for a visit from our family in Alabama! We have entirely too much cake.

6 comments:

Jac Ann said...

It looks AMAZING!

Unknown said...

Wow, that's quite a cake! Way to go Jodi!!! I'm sure Tim loved it...

Missing you all lots!
Love, Sarah for the Ridings Family

Hannah said...

Mmmmm....Will ya'll have any left in two weeks? Maybe I can smuggle myself cross country in dad's suitcase. :) Your cake looks delicious!!!!!!! Miss ya'll <3

Monica said...

Great Job Jodi!
Looks great.
Hope y'all had a nice celebration!!!
:0)
Luv You!

The Ferrill's said...

Wish we could come help you get rid of that yummy looking cake! Great job Jodi! And happy late birthday Timothy!

Jac Ann said...

It tasted good too!!!! ;)